How to make a cold day warmer?

djs12354

djs12354

Here's one way. :)

Attachments

• Jan 16 2015.jpg
    Jan 16 2015.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 13
I don't know....still looks pretty cold to me. LOL. If you had fun and didn't freeze, that's all that matters.

Is that a clothes pin on your nose? ;-)

If the ice builds up in the rod's guides it's too cold to flyfish for me. Dave you do look warm in the photo though. What was the air temp there?

Fished today. Damn it was cold. Hard to nymph when your mono leader is a complete icicle.

Another way to warm up is pee in your waders.

Yea and that is a nice bubble line coming from the shore.....

Kray - We had a pretty good time. Dan got one and I managed two. Weather was, shall we say, interesting? Sunny, then wind picked up, snowed, then the sun came back out.....

HA - No clothespin :) Might have been an icicle!

WTT - Strangely, I had no trouble with ice in the guides, although Dan had some icing. Air temps were in mid-20's. Wind made it feel worse.

Shane - You know what they say: Find a reason for the fish to be there.......

May give that spot a try after church tomorrow.

It got up to 50 degrees here in the burgh today.
Guess we were in the warm zone?

dryflyguy wrote:
It got up to 50 degrees here in the burgh today.
Guess we were in the warm zone?

DFG:

Wasn't that warm in our corner. They say today will be warmer here and I hope to get out for a little while. If we avoid the freezing rain, that is.

Single malt scotch.

beeber2 wrote:
Single malt scotch.

Yep, I was just going to say Crown Royal.

GenCon

Since we are going in this direction, Woodford Reserve.
Mike B

Make mine 12yr Glenlivet. Thank You.

I did the same thing yesterday. Did have some ice build up on the knots and on the guides, but the fish were biting. My buddy who took a tumble in the stream might disagree though. Good thing we both brought extra clothes (I lent him mine as well).

I second the Woodford!

Back