how to become a fly fishing guide

fishingkidPA wrote:
@ gfen me and my friend had a face to face encounter with a mountain lion about 3 years ago fishing oil creek, i was like 12 or 13. good thing it ran off!

Yeah?

Make sure you stick around for next winter, there'll be some threads for you to partake in.

I am trying to picture who would hire a guide to fish the trout streams in Chester co....

@ gfen

what do you mean there will be threads i can partake in?

Guiding is a tough job,JOB!
Charter boat Captain,tough JOB.
You have to consistently put CUSTOMERS on fish. It's your JOB.
Fishing is suposed to be fun,relaxing , and a time with friends. Not a JOB.
Just my thoughts.GG

A guide is part observer, analyst, adaptor, manipulator, psychologist and instructor. I'm 100 % sure I've left some appropriate descriptive terms out only because I've forgotten them in my old age.

I've been asked more than once why I guide. There are a number of reasons, one being that there are two people who get excited when my client is successful. Knowing that my client feels better equipped (with technique/experience) for future outings is agood feeling, as well.

Dave R.

fishingkidPA wrote:
@ gfen

what do you mean there will be threads i can partake in?

Every winter there are topics that come up about a mountain lion population in PA. It is largely debated.

hmmm. on the first day of deer i met a guy who claimed to have shot one of his friends land in clarion... i think i have a good reason why the govt. may have put them in....

How easily a simple letter can turn the whole sentence around.

fishingkidPA wrote:
on the first day of deer i met a guy who claimed to have shot one of his friends

Why would someone shot a friend?

Probably spot burned his honeyhole on the internet.

Can't believe I slept on this thread. It's a win.

Ask **** Cheney why he shot a friend. :)
Couldn't resist.

Ro

roygpa wrote:
Ask **** Cheney why he shot a friend. :)
Couldn't resist.

Ro

Anyone thats a friend of **** Chaney should be shot.

This thread and all the other funny threads should be bookmarked then moved to a "Classic Thread section". This way whenever I am down, I can go to the classic thread section and get a good laugh.

I plan on starting a guide service in the Pennypack . My clients can expect a day of fun far, far away from the hustle and the bustle of the wilderness. My clients will enjoy nature the way it was meant to be enjoyed. The annoying sounds of the birds and the water cascading over the rocks is replaced with gunshots and police sirens the way god intended. Those broken bottles and used drug baggies are natures way of saying welcome. For only $299.00 my clients can enjoy four hours of fishing excitement. Come and laugh at our passed out drunkards. Enjoy the convenience of our on water crack sales and if it's the right time of the season, Partake in the streamside art from such aspiring artists as Tboy, Cashplaya, and LuzKanon. For a nominal fee, my clients can enjoy the ammenities of ReRe's lil sistas basement. Come for the fishes. Stay for the Bi#@!$.

lol-great one,love it.

I'm sold depending on Rere's sister's allure.

Pictures, please.

Yotrout wrote:
I plan on starting a guide service in the Pennypack . My clients can expect a day of fun far, far away from the hustle and the bustle of the wilderness. My clients will enjoy nature the way it was meant to be enjoyed. The annoying sounds of the birds and the water cascading over the rocks is replaced with gunshots and police sirens the way god intended. Those broken bottles and used drug baggies are natures way of saying welcome. For only $299.00 my clients can enjoy four hours of fishing excitement. Come and laugh at our passed out drunkards. Enjoy the convenience of our on water crack sales and if it's the right time of the season, Partake in the streamside art from such aspiring artists as Tboy, Cashplaya, and LuzKanon. For a nominal fee, my clients can enjoy the ammenities of ReRe's lil sistas basement. Come for the fishes. Stay for the Bi#@!$.

Sounds like the next best thing to a vacation in Mogadishu.

Your makeing me homesick for S.E. PA.

There is no ribbing on the issues. Insurance, CPR..This is no joke. You need to keep your clients safe! Despite the fact that you feel bad about a twisted ankle you can get sued!

Aside of that you'll need to explain to someone that paid you $200 and ate a cheap hoagie why they didn't catch any fish?

If you're good with all of that you'll have days that will be treasured. It's a personal choice. Best of luck to your friend if he choses that path. I know people that live for it. They have the patience of the gods!!!

If you do decide to try guiding,don't be one of those that consider their clients necessary nuisances to pay for their[guides] fishing.I have hired a few of those.One back of the boated me so he could get first cast in.Not a happy outing.

Back