how do they look?

StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin

spent an hour or so off and on tying watching the pirate game, I originally intended to tie up some guides choice hares ears as I am fresh out but no 7/64 beads were available, so I tied up some soft hackle hares ears, peacock soft hacks and some pheasant tails with some new dubbing, its peacock steel dubbing from orvis don't know how it will work, I hope to test them out tomorrow how do they look?

C7781CE1-07A3-40BC-AEA7-9718024CA654-1598-0000034B81642F45.jpg

They will all catch fish. One tip, don't overdue the hackle on your soft hackles. Usually more sparse is better. They seem to breath and offer better movement if tied very sparse. 1 to 1 1/2 turns of hackle generally is about right. Good luck, swing em' and they'll hammer em'.

As Shakey always tells me....."You don't have to swing them!"

You're absolutely right Shane. Swing em', dead drift 'em, grease em', high stick em', sink em', strip em', dapple em', sometimes just get em' in the water and they may just hammer them!

I noticed that as well it stuff to do without a pair of hackle pliers which I will getting soon along with an actual partridge, the hackle I got was horrendous in a bag for 20 bucks im kind of upset about it. thanks for the tip guys. ill let ya know how they do

Back