Hot Wire Prince Nymph

T

tctrout

Here's a fun fly that I wanted to share with you guys, the Hot Wire Prince Nymph. Think Prince nymph meets Copper John!

I am unsure who first came up with this creation, but it has some nice flash, works well on trout and steelhead, and the weight keeps it down in the lower water columns. There are lots of variations for the Ultra Wire, though only so much time in a day to try a few...

Enjoy!

TC

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D4Cmd9V-Jo[/youtube]

Very nice.

I think I will be tying some of those

Here are 2 variations of the hot wire prince that I tied today...One is black and copper body and the other is a green with copper body.

Attachments

• hotwire5.JPG
    hotwire5.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 3
  • hotwire6.JPG
    hotwire6.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the comments, guys. Ron, I really like the variations. In fact, I was in Somerset today at the show and purchased some chartreuse goose biots to try out on this pattern. Thanks for sharing those pics...

TC

Yes, I went yesterday and picked some more colors of wire. I really like the way they look and going to try some other different colors. Thank you for the compliment

Ive been tying this guy for a few years now. A lot of stocked trout were brought to hand because of this fly. Similar to that pattern vinyl rib body

Attachments

• stockie killer red.jpg
    stockie killer red.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 5
The steelhead loved them in NY and Erie this year. I'm sure the trout will also. I tie a few variations of this pattern.

Back