"hot spot" Black nose dace bugger

• Thread starter mike_richardson
  • Start date
mike_richardson

mike_richardson

Before I fly fished I was a die hard Minnie threader. LOL my uncles taught me from a young age and I was threading minnows from about 8 or so. I would slam trout on them. On the drift or working them they just loved them. I did this pattern a while back and fine tuned it a bit.

I origionally tied it with the longer hackle from my grizzly cape and it looked good, but I like wooly bugger saddle hackle. Also I origionally tied it with white dumbbell eyes. I switched to the chartreuse and gave it the "hot spot" if you want to call it that.

It is a relatively simple tie buy you have to tie in 3 sections of marabou. It slams trout though when I actually fish streamers.

I will look up what the chennile is called but it will work with brown, it is just some custom corregated or something.

hook: 2xl streamer hook size 10/8/6
thread: brown 140 denier
bottom tail: white marabou
middle tail: black marabou
top tail: brown marabou
hackle: 5-7" black wooly bugger saddle hackle
body: brown chenille (will post actual once I find it)
eyes: small chartreuse dumbbell eyes

I am now on a mission to either find or create the color of the "redfin" that yellow and kind of green color belly they get. I dunno if it is just me but that color minnow would catch more fish when threaded.

Just a fun one and figured some of you guys may want to try it.

Also I don't like to fish my streamers hook point up. If you decide to tie it that way you will need to consider that when you tie in your tail sections or he may swim belly up. Been there done that. LOL

Attachments

• black nose dace bugger.jpg
    black nose dace bugger.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 26
Back