hooks

troutmagnet

troutmagnet

I am on the look out for cheaper fly hooks. So what are you using. I am thinkkng of trying dia rikis?

look at the j stockard hooks, very sharp and cheap

www.thefishguy.com Good hooks, cheap

i think the best,by far,cheap hooks are eagle claw.

I've used dai rikis for years and love them. Also have a decent amount of Allen hooks. (ad on top of every page) Will both work fine for you to get a decent amount of hooks on a budget.

Right now bluquillangler has a 20% off sale on Dai Riki hooks here is the link.

http://www.bluequillangler.com/Blue-Quill-Angler-Online-Fly-Shop/Dai-Riki-20-Off

EC Laser Sharp Scud/Egg hooks.. 100/pack for $6.. Cheap and does job.

Suckerspawn wrote:
EC Laser Sharp Scud/Egg hooks.. 100/pack for $6.. Cheap and does job.

and made in america!

Just ordered from allen last week. Shipment is waiting for me i will let you know how they work out. I am currently using teimco and mustad and am happy with them. Hoping the best for Allen

Was thinking of trying out Allens hooks my self i'm still using Mustad and Tiemco too the ones from White River Fly Shop it's inside Bass Pro shop r ok too.

i have tried allens and like them, but his is outta stock on a few smaller size hooks, and i do not want to order multiple times. i think i will try dia rikis, but im not sure yet.....

Dai-riki's are my hooks of choice lately. Good strength and sharpness and fairly cheap.

+1 for Blue Quill Angler. Ordered from them a couple times with no problems. No shipping and no sales tax. Plus if the Dai-Rikis are on sale, thats a good deal.

thats exactly were im gonna order from! What hooks for nymphs like pheasant tails and hares ears....like 1 x long or 2x long or narmal? Whats your preference?

thats exactly were im gonna order from! What hooks for nymphs like pheasant tails and hares ears....like 1 x long or 2x long or narmal? Whats your preference?

The allens are very close to the teimcos. They actually seem like they are the same. So far just with tying on them they get a thumbs up. Some of the hooks looked like they had black marks and such on them almost like a little oxidation or something. Nothing major at all. It just made me think they bought teimcos seconds or something because of how close they are.

The hook is thick and appears durable as well. Gets a thumbs up from me! I got the 3761 in size 14 and it makes the perfect size caddis larva and pheasant tails that i like. I am a straight nymph hook guy and would suggest these to others.

just make sure u keep those allens sharp

We are also in the middle of expanding our hook line to 23 new hooks (salt, bass, barbless, ect). If all goes well in production we will have them all ready early Sept. and changing our color of our hooks to black nickel.

Thanks

Justin

hey justin when will you have you scud and caddis hooks in the smaller sizes, they are curently out of stock.....thanks

Back