hook storage question

sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223

this is more for the salt guys than anything...what do you guys use to store and organize the really big hooks? I've been using 32-compartment bead boxes from a local crafts store for most of my hooks, and they work fine for sizes from 28 up to about a 3/0, but I now have a bunch of saltwater and pike/muskie hooks in the 3/0 - 10/0 range, and finding a good way to store and organize the big irons has become quite a challenge...any suggestions?

plano compartment tackle boxes or just keep them in original packaging

https://www.google.com/search?q=plano&espv=210&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=psS6UsfcB-egsASrv4HQBQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ#es_sm=122&espv=210&q=plano+storage+boxes&tbm=isch

I use three ring binders and baseball card inserts. Any of the standard plastic bag type of hook packs slip easily into the sleeves on the bbcard inserts. I keep the empty bags for transferring Mustads or other hooks that come in plastic boxes. Its nice to be able to flip through the hooks, or just take out the dry fly page for example when tying a series of dryflys, etc.

I use three ring binders and baseball card inserts. Any of the standard plastic bag type of hook packs slip easily into the sleeves on the bbcard inserts.
WHHoooaaa !!! That's a great Idea for any size hooks, beadheads, dubbing, and other stuff we have in those small plastic things !!! Thanks !!!

i just leave them in their original hook boxes and store them in a rubbermaid/strerilite plastic box. i then label the box "streamer hook".

its nothing exotic just plain and simple and it works for me

14496-sterilite-6-quart-plastic-shoe-boxes-12-pack-6-qt-clear-shoeboxes_1_375.jpg

it works with the rest of my materials also

storage-1.jpg

I have no idea where I found it but I have a (one) hook box that looks like a standard plastic compartment box but the bottoms are curved so the hooks slide right up and out.

Back