Holy wow - expensive waders!

Simms- Rip off junk
Patagonia- Yet another expensive lesson learned
Orvis- Used to like them but they are now getting crappy

I consider Orvis, Simms and Patagonia to be botique/designer crap. Overpriced junk. And in reality the customer service at the shops that sell this stuff and from the manufacturers is a joke. NEVER AGAIN!

LL Bean- Last and last. Best waders and best warranty hands down. Very reasonably priced.
Also bootfoot neoprenes for winter from Cabelas have been great.

I will stick with Simms gear. It is expensive but IMO well worth the money. I especially like their G3 Guide Boots.

Bad customer service isn't based on the product, but the seller. I had an issue with Patagonia boots that I purchased earlier this year, in which the black rubberized portions for dry rotting and cracking already. TCO offered for me to drop them off, and they'd send them back to Patagonia for me.

Even worse luck for me, I broke a rod that I purchased there last year. I have been unable to find my warranty card, but TCO pulled up my customer purchases from 2016, and provided me with proof of purchase. They also offered to ship the rod for me.

To summarize:

1000 bucks is a lot for waders

No matter what brand of waders are discussed, they are either the best waders around or they suck.

Problem is when one pays close to a thousand bucks for waders they will never ever admit they suck or leak just as quick as a 200 dollar pair. It will always be "best waders I ever owned"

moon1284 wrote:
To summarize:

1000 bucks is a lot for waders

No matter what brand of waders are discussed, they are either the best waders around or they suck.

One more thing all waders have in common, they leak.

ryansheehan wrote:
One more thing all waders have in common, they leak.

Water is a worthy adversary.

I don't know. I think they would go well with my Yeti cooler.

Neoprene makes me look fat.

Fly fishing and golf are both things that you can spend a huge amount of money on and not be very good.But you can look cool.

melvinp wrote:
Fly fishing and golf are both things that you can spend a huge amount of money on and not be very good.But you can look cool.

I was on a golf course over the weekend. I wouldn't call what I did playing golf, I just hit the ball (most times) and chased it. I had on my Simms hoody and Smith glasses so I must've been super cool and didn't know it.

BrookieChaser wrote:
melvinp wrote:

I was on a golf course over the weekend. I wouldn't call what I did playing golf, I just hit the ball (most times) and chased it. I had on my Simms hoody and Smith glasses so I must've been super cool and didn't know it.

Sometimes I wear my Callaway hat while fishing.

Back