Hoagland Run, Lycoming County

SlingerFlyRods

SlingerFlyRods

Hello all,

being close to home and noticing it gets a 2nd stocking this week already Hoagland Run looks to be in pretty nice shape after the rain we received yesterday.

If anyone is somewhat familiar with the stream could you please shoot me a message. I've fished this stream about 3 years ago, and I drove up today on my lunch break and noticed that in addition to "some" of the walk in fishing signs, that the property the stream runs through is posted by the BOBST MOUNTAIN HUNTING CLUB

like I said, its a been some years since I've fished it, and I'm taking 2 new first time fly fisherman and have them learn on some nymphs tomorrow and want to know if anyone knows whats up with the posters if they have information.

Chris

Slinger,

My dad lives on hoaglands run slinger. You can fish on bobst mountain hunting club water where there are signs. Ive been fishing the stream my whole life.

Just wanted to make sure. We aired on the side of caution today and did not go. I last fished there 3 years ago and couldn't remember seeing all the posters.

Thank you very much

Slinger, hope your dad likes the reel.

So, how'd you do on Hoagland's?

We did not go. I didnt want to get anyone in trouble if it was in fact posted. I'm sure we would of done alright.

Dad loved the reel. Thats the one Glenn and i felt paired up nice when i stopped in a few weeks ago.

Back