Hickory Run Flies

L_soult

L_soult

I still dont have the fly selection thing down yet.

Taking the family to hickory run next weekend.

Does it have hatches like Spring? Since its further north will I be able to hit the hatches up there that are over or tapering off in the southern creeks?

I was just informed that I'm going to Rickets Glenn. No wonder I was thinking it was up north. My wife doesn't know wft she's talking about. Therefore niether to I by association.

Fishing Creek and Bowman's creek are OK waters right down the road from RG. There are also plenty of smaller wild fish creeks in the area too. You cannot fish the creeks in the park unfortunately though.

Try Fishing Creek. Very close and a nice stream with wild and stocked fish. Stop in at Fishing Creek Anglers in Benton for stream conditions and hatches.

Are you aware of the waterfalls at Ricketts Glen? They are awesome. Going to see all of those, and taking pictures of the folks next to the waterfalls, along with the usual campfire, cooking, eating, hanging out, will probably make a full weekend.

troutbert wrote:
Are you aware of the waterfalls at Ricketts Glen? They are awesome. Going to see all of those, and taking pictures of the folks next to the waterfalls, along with the usual campfire, cooking, eating, hanging out, will probably make a full weekend.

My crew doesn't do anything until they screwed around at least 4 hours. Drive me nuts.

I figure I can sneak off with the boys while my wife and daughters are making themselves look pretty for hiking.

Well, I hiked the falls at Ricketts Glen. Saw tons of brookies... off limits as stated above. Tried some poppers and buggers in the lake. No luck. I call that "practice" :)

in reference to the original topic.... stopped by Hickory run and Mud run briefly testerday.

saw what i believe were large craneflies and midges on upper sections of hickory, maybe a random mayfly here or there.

Mud Run had 2 types of mayflies coming off regularly... i believe they were hendricksons and light cahills.

Back