Hemlock and Ferns

drakeking412

drakeking412

Small stream fishing has always fascinated me for many reasons and I think it always will. There is something about the intimacy of it all, being tucked away in the mountains just you and the stream. The feeling of joyous suspense about what is around the next corner and what secrets she holds close. Will today be the day she is willing to reveal one?

https://imgur.com/a/V8P3IYt

Were all of those fish pics from the same stream? That looks like a neat little stream.

jifigz wrote:
Were all of those fish pics from the same stream? That looks like a neat little stream.

Yes those photos were all from yesterday. Its one of my favorite streams in PA that's for sure.

Disco that avatar paired with that comment is perfect ty hahaha

Nice, a slam on 3 species, all wild.

Nice.

I recognize the stream photo. Your secret is safe with me. ;-)

Haven’t been out that way this year yet, but good to see the fish doing well after last year’s drought. Those are very impressive Browns for a stream that size. Nicely done.

You had an awesome day on the water! Now how many of us are going to spend hours sifting through clues, trying to figure out what stream you were on! haha

We have some amazing resources out there, scattered all over the state. Many of us get tunnel vision and focus on Penns, Spring Creek, etc or Potter Co for brookies when you can often be satisfied with a stream much closer to home, if you explore a little bit.

Swattie87 wrote:
I recognize the stream photo. Your secret is safe with me. ;-)

Haven’t been out that way this year yet, but good to see the fish doing well after last year’s drought. Those are very impressive Browns for a stream that size. Nicely done.

While I have no idea where the stream is or what the stream is, I am making the assumption that it is in western PA. I only make that judgment due to a wild rainbow and those Class A rainbow streams are in Venango County.

But, I have no idea, nor do I really care. I think wild bows are pretty neat, though. I kind of wish I had some wild bow opportunities near me.

Coincidently I caught my first wild rainbow today. I also caught several native brookies, but not in the same stream. I am envious of you drakeking. I am in the hunt for the wild brown

Attachments

• Wild rainbow 1.jpg
    Wild rainbow 1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 6
Swattie as you know that stream has some very large and deep holes in it. I'd imagine fish were stacked on top of each other during the drought last year but everyone made it and has spread out evenly into lanes.

Lyco I am one of those tunnel vision on penns type of guys but there are tons of great streams out there with some really serious fish in them. It's just taking the time to find the holes and then fishing them enough/properly to drag out the boss.

Arminacast wrote:
Coincidently I caught my first wild rainbow today. I also caught several native brookies, but not in the same stream. I am envious of you drakeking. I am in the hunt for the wild brown

Congrats!! PA wild bows are few and far between but quite beautiful. If you're in Fayette county there's plenty of wild browns near you, hit up the arcgis trout map and do some 'splorin!

What’s amazing to me is there are 11 Class A wild bow streams in PA and 5 of them are in Westmoreland Co. Not much talk about Ole Westmor....

Keep in mind the threshold for Class A wild Bow streams is very very low. Equivalent of Class D Browns or Brookies more or less. Most, if not all of those streams, have just as many, or more, Trout of other species.

Back