Help choosing sinking line

T

Takem

I would like to get a sinking line for a few different purposes but I've read so many opinions and I'm not sure. Few more couldn't hurt. It's an 8 weight rod. I would like to do the shad run in the spring below conowingo. I also will use it in the surf for stripers. Also might chase around breaking blues and stripers from a boat. I'm unsure if I want a full sinking line or sink tip. Any suggestions?

Takem wrote:
I would like to get a sinking line for a few different purposes but I've read so many opinions and I'm not sure. Few more couldn't hurt. It's an 8 weight rod. I would like to do the shad run in the spring below conowingo. I also will use it in the surf for stripers. Also might chase around breaking blues and stripers from a boat. I'm unsure if I want a full sinking line or sink tip. Any suggestions?

A full sink line matched to your rod will takem for all the applications you described above.....go for it.

Yep - go full sinking.

Check Feathercraft. They had SA Streamer Express full sink at 50% off.

I really link the SA Streamer Express and for your application, a full sinking line is the way to go. I also own Orvis Hydros 3D Depth Charge (300 grain) for my 8-weight rod. It sink very well and gets down deep, as advertised, but it tangles like crazy even in cold, mountain lakes. I presume it's a bit softer than it should be.

Back