Hello from Philly

H

HopperPlopper

Hi everyone and thanks for welcoming me -- I'm so happy I found this forum! I've lived in Philadelphia since 2019, but I've been trout fishing for almost 30 years. I grew up in Sondrio, a town in the Italian Alps, and a fantastic place to learn the ropes of fly fishing. After becoming a resident of Pennsylvania, I've been fishing the Lehigh Valley streams on a weekly basis, along with occasional (and memorable!) trips to Central PA, the Cumberland Valley & the Poconos. I had heard of Pennsylvania's trout streams before, but I had no idea the fishing would be so great. In fact, living here really pushed me to work on my casting and presentation skills, as well as to get to know so much more about hatches and bugs. I've had as many frustrating days as I've had successful ones, and and after a recent trip to Silver Creek in Idaho my first reaction was "and they call these fish selective??!!". I guess the Lehigh Valley streams set the bar very high, for better or worse. Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Welcome, I've lived in Philly my whole life. I'll fish some of the local streams the Wissahickon, Ridley and Valley creeks. I use to do some salt water fly fishing. One of my fishing buddies has a place in the Poconos near Lake Wallenpaupack but I only do warm water fishing up there.

Welcome to the site from a born and bred central NYer. I've been tying flies for over 50 years and hosting fly swaps for the past 14 years now. Lots of nice flat water ponds, lakes (Finger and Great) as well as rivers/streams in my neck of the woods - so I have MANY opportunities in this area. Plus the added bonus of multiple NY state wine, beer, cider, and distillery trails (even an ice cream trail) in this area! Makes for some fine shore lunches - even if I get skunked!

I look forward to seeing your posts on this site and feel free to check out my fly swaps on this site. New faces are ALWAYS welcome and my swaps are open to ALL level/experience tyers.

Kim

Back