Hello from Hawaii

D

dave1066

For Fred's benefit... and to rub it in a little, I thought I'd share some pictures of the fish I've been chasing while stationed here in beautiful Oahu.

Missing those cold little slimy fish with the funny fin on their back... guess the bones will have to hold me over! ;-)
see_more.gif

see_more.gif

And when I get tired of the salt, I throw the yak in the truck and head to the lake to chase the Peacocks...
see_more.gif

... haven't gotten to the neighboring island of Kauai to chase the trout, but I have caught smallies in some of the small freshwater streams. I think I can handle the island life for a few years!?!

Those are some nice pics. It's great to see bones in Hawaii - nobody ever talked about 'em for a long time (or in Australia) but they're certainly there. Do you ever see any permit or GT's on the flats you've been chasing bones?

Good Stuff Dave I knew I should of joined the Chairforce instead of the Marines :lol: One of these days I will get to go out and chase some bones and send you some pics of bigger fish . :-D I see that you have a Native kayak how is it working for ya ?

There aren't any permit here in Hawaii... I wish there were! I know they have them in Australia.

Fred: You're welcome to come out here and try and catch some bones. All that BS you talk... Not sure you can back it up! Sounds like typical marine crap...

I've had the native since they were first available. It's a great boat... I bet even a big goof like you could stand up and cast a fly rod.

Sweet stuff for sure.

Back