Hello and ? re: line cleaning

K

kbobb

Hello all,
New to the forum and wanted to say Hi.
Been fishing in PA since I was a little kid, started flyfishing with my dad in the early 70s.

I've always cleaned my fly lines with some soapy water and then a little Armor All, but now that the price of lines is getting almost ridiculous I wondered what you all use to clean your lines and how does it work with regard to performance and longevity?

I use lines from Cortland, Rio and SA.

Thanks and hope to see some of you out on the stream!

Your gonna get a boat load a crap about the Armor All..... But I do the same for those type a lines and then some. always worked fine for me but, be warned. Welcome to the jungle. Great group of guys on here. Again, welcome!

Welcome. This may be of some interest.

Hey thanks for the video.
OK searched Armor all and read the comments - you can hold off on the scolding - I'll get some commercial cleaner as per the manufacturer for their particular lines.
Thanks again

Hot water and soap, I used to use Arour all but don't even buy it anymore. No particular reason.

Welcome aboard. GG

I've been using soap and water for years and my lines have lasted me foe quite a few years. Oldest line is about 10 years and it is a dt2 wt which I fish quite abit with in the summer June-Sept. 2-3 times a week. fwiw

I use a wet paper towel then the cleaning patch that comes with the Cortland line.

I use hot soapy water (dawn dish det), then dry it with a clean towel about 4 times through the season.

Back