Heavy Rain

"•Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport received 4.34 inches of rain on Monday. The old daily record was set during Hurricane Connie in 1955, when 2.55 inches fell."

Jesus, storm rainfall that broke the record which occurred due to a hurricane! And climate change is just a conspiracy...

Just had 3-4 days no rain but now it’s pouring and it’s a 12 hour soaker. Ground never came close to drying out.

After months of black and blue, the map over on the right was finally green. . .

Dave_W wrote:
After months of black and blue, the map over on the right was finally green. . .
I've not seen the likes of it since I've been paying attention to the USGS Map, which has been almost ten years now.

Already got 3 inches here with more to come, this is unreal.

Fished north branch Susquehanna yesterday and the water clarify was the best I've seen in months but it's not gonna last now

Yeah Muddy Creek has been super high since April. In the last nine months it has only reached the norm once for about two weeks. Aside from that the volume has be 2x normal flow or more and mostly 3-4 times. Crazy.

We have been saying if it ever settles down there will be great fishing, that lasts about a day or two. Then it’s back up again.

USGS muddy 9 months trend

Had over an inch of rain here yesterday, and still coming down this morning.
We're lucky it's warm out - or we'd be doing some serious shoveling

It only took another rainy weekend and the green is gone.

Dave_W wrote:

dryflyguy wrote:
Had over an inch of rain here yesterday, and still coming down this morning.
We're lucky it's warm out - or we'd be doing some serious shoveling
Did that shoveling last Christmas( 5 feet of snow) and then the next 5 days after and All I got to say it was miserable.Hoping for a green Christmas up here in Erie.

All I have to say is the rain hasn't slowed down my fishing at all this year . Lakes and slow moving tidal areas have never stopped producing for me . You are definitely missing out if you don't give these a try .

Attachments

• gunny highway.jpg
    gunny highway.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 4
Fredrick wrote:
All I have to say is the rain hasn't slowed down my fishing at all this year . Lakes and slow moving tidal areas have never stopped producing for me . You are definitely missing out if you don't give these a try .

There's always a place to fish. Lakes work well if you have a boat or kayak.

Wading in rivers and streams has been really tough for trout well as smallies through the summer and fall.

The exception for wade fishermen has been the good conditions on smaller tribs and headwater streams for trout. But for most of us, those quality wild trout streams are quite a distance away.

I think everyone is tired of settling for their Plan b or c options for fishing for most of 2018. Today I counted 4 flood warnings on my phone......that's ridiculous!

The idea is not to have to endure a day on the water, the idea is enjoy it! :roll: :lol:

afishinado wrote:
Fredrick wrote:

Wading in rivers and streams has been really tough for trout well as smallies through the summer and fall.

The exception for wade fishermen has been the good conditions on smaller tribs and headwater streams for trout. But for most of us, those quality wild trout streams are quite a distance away.

I think everyone is tired of settling for their Plan b or c options for fishing for most of 2018. Today I counted 4 flood warnings on my phone......that's ridiculous!

The idea is not to have to endure a day on the water, the idea is enjoy it! :roll: :lol:

If fishing something other than a river or stream is considered enduring, you are do this fishing thing wrong . :p

..............Just Saying ..................

Fredrick wrote:
afishinado wrote:
Fredrick wrote:

If fishing something other than a river or stream is considered enduring, you are do this fishing thing wrong . :p

..............Just Saying ..................

Hey Fred, I know you like to fish the lakes with your yak, well good for you, you were able to do the type of fishing you like....

This past year is first time in my fishing life (50+ years) I didn't wade the susky for smallies or have a chance to wade the D River. That's a long streak to break, I'm kinda bummed about it. And there's a ton of guys that wade the river or have jet boats and look forward to the fishing every year. They all got pretty much shut out.

I plan to do twice as much fishing in 2019 to make up for it!!! :pint:

ElNino will have winter like this so it's rain and mare rain. Not much sunshine here for the last 4 days of heavy to light rain . Totals will be records and no break in sight. GG

Western Pa is very close to achieving Tropical rain-forest Status. We'll easily have 60 inches of precip by the end of the year at this rate.

We went over 60 inches in November, with the most recent storms we are probably close to 70.

Last I heard the other day - before this latest soaker - we were still about 2" short of the all time wettest year, here in the burgh.
Gotta be close now.

Still lucky it's warm though, or we'd have a very white Christmas

DRY FLY GUY: Don't forget, I know I will not. Your the reason I am here. You recommend after buying some leaders. "you said check out paflyfish.

Been a long time, "JOHNSON'. Let's just say, you can't find the maxima12, The maxima12 will find you.

God bless you brother, Merry Christmas.

Back