Headed to the Salmon, no clue where to go.

I have fished that river at 2000+ cfs and caught fish. Unless a tropical storm comes through it will be fishable. There are other smaller tribs to fish, but good luck getting anyone to tell you.

If you see a bunch of clowns in one area, keep walking.

Yeah, but the problem is, I end up walking all day. j/k. Sort of.

Heading up this week for my first time any suggestions on what flies the tie up?

Thanks

CLSports answered that question above. Doubt it changed re: fly patterns.

Good luck on your first try up there, it's on my list to get to eventually...

I'm sorry somehow I missed that lol

From what those that live up there are saying you might need snow shoes to get around,They got up to 3 ft of snow,hard to say with all the drifting.
The fishng has been very slow according to reports.

There seems to be more fishing trickling in now. You can always bet on some activity in the lower fly zone but there are still plenty of fish being brought to hand throughout the river. My father just came home Monday through the snow storm and they had 3-4' drifts. Should be packed down a little bit by now.

I was there on November 10th and the fishing was dismal. Floated from Pineville to the head of the DSR. the few fish that were caught were jacks.

I was there on Saturday and struck out only even heard of one fish caught and I talked to at least 20 people no one saw anything caught.

It seems like the reports were good and then everything changed Saturday. The runoff cooling the water temp down in sure played a role in things slowing down. The damn is at 750 again so maybe with the higher flows for the next few days more fish will enter the river. They are definitely there, just have to cover water and work for them

I went a couple weeks ago and didn't see one fish hooked. I haven't done squat up there my past 6 or 7 trips over the past 2 seasons. there are not many fish in the river im convinced of it. I personally would not travel too far to fish that river right now. Just my advice and I only live an hour away.

Back