Hawk Run

J

JasonC

Heading there at the end of this coming week, is the fishing better above or below the falls this time of year?

Hawk Run in HRSP? There’s about 2 holes and maybe 50 yards of stream below the falls, until you hit the confluence with Mud Run. Simply by virtue of the amount of water to fish, it’s better above. If you’re gonna fish it, just do both. The trail takes you down below the falls to the mouth. Fish the couple of pools below the falls, take some cool pics of the falls, then hike the trail back above the falls and fish up from there. It’s a tight, rhodo stream above the falls, just FYI. And that walk down from 534 through the rhodo tunnel just screams bear encounter.

I have time that day and I was planning on hitting Hickory Run as well so maybe I'll fish HR first then try whatever streams I come across that have some type of access. Thanks Swattie!

Let me know when you come up here and if you want company. I know Hickory Run and Mud Run pretty well and might be able to get away depending on the day/time.

Hickory Run is the best bet right now and has been fishing pretty good even with the lower water if you know where to go.

Back