Hate

I tie for relaxation and fun, so I only tie what I want. I can't really say I hate tying anything. The more challenging patterns that I can't get right either set a higher bar for me to keep trying, or go into the "some other time" bin if I loose interest. But if someone held the proverbial gun to my head, a few hours of SanJuan worms or thread midges would be just mind numbing torture.

littlelehigh wrote:
Keep at it surveyor it's gets easier. 1 thread wrap adjust biot, 2nd thread wrap with tension adjust again until it's tight were you want it.

I put them both on at the same time. I pull 2 off the main stem, and then flip one of the biots so they splay outward. I then even the tips and pinch the butt ends and tie them in. One of those materials I think you just need to put a good amount of tension on to keep in place.

Ryan,
Your right that is easier compare to how I described. Especially considering all the time I spend futzing to line them up. But then again I prefer to put the dubbing ball under my dry fly tails after attaching the tails. Then I split them. In the words of Jay Oie Vey!!!!

Back