Hate

Bruno

Bruno

What fly do you hate to tie ? For me it is a prince nymph and the Adams Irresistible . I like to fish them but hate tying them.

Any thing I have to put wings on.

haha pap-paw, i will sign into your response :D

wings and me aren't friends, like 9/10 of my winged flies the wings aren't on straight...

Catskill and parachute dry flies. Hair wing dry flies.

I basically only like tying cdc and snowshoe dries.

Don't like tying traditional wing case nymphs much either.

If you got the right music playing, you won't hate any ties.

catskill sytle dries

BUGGERSSSSS! For those that say there is no wrong way to fish them. You obviously haven't fished with me!

I love tying all dries catskill, comparaduns, and paras

LL,

I had no idea it was that bad. Yeah, we'll take a trip this spring. Haha.

Adams with grizzly tip wings. I used to hate tying those danged things.

Ok I'll do a free clinic on catskill style wings, all you do is rent tent space out back for $ 7.00 a night 2 night minimum..any takers. no more than 6 per class. when done you can fish pine creek or a few class "A" streams. Any one interested ??

Anything with hair. (synthetics for me)

Since I nver tied a bugger or a nymph, I'd have to say spinning hair patterns..I don't mind the tie as much as I do the mess..HAir frags get every where..I find, as time goes by, I prefer tying outside as much as possible..

My grandson has picked up alot of great tips from this guy. IMO, he is one of the modern day masters at tying Catskill style flies. Davie McPhail is a fantastic tyer. I've been noticing that there's a wealth of information available Youtube that ranges from finger dexterity and thread control tricks to tying the most complicated of flies. Even though I can't tie any longer, I am facsinated watching some of these videos. I love the New Millenium.

Catskill Master

I am trying to get the hang of woven fly's. I watch the videos but my stuff never comes out the same.

I haven't found one i don't like to tie, from 22 gnats to spinning deer hair bass bugs. Personaly "i think" i like to ty more than fish, but i'm not sure about that yet.

Anything that uses turkey or goose biot for a tail. I find them very hard to tie in, but they look great, esp. in stone flies.

You all need to take a lesson, I learned catskill flies in the 60's/70's. In fact I'll be tying at the catskill fly fishing museum next weekend 2/13/2010, along with 40 other tyers. Good time to learn the wings and have a good time. from 10 am to 4 pm. go to www.classictrout.com for more info..

Keep at it surveyor it's gets easier. 1 thread wrap adjust biot, 2nd thread wrap with tension adjust again until it's tight were you want it.

Anything that involves stacking deerhair. Can't remember the last time I tied a fly that way

I love tying the princes Bruno. Once I get into the swing of tying again I'll send ya some. They take me a while, but one of my favorite ties.

I'm not a fan of any streamers using hair. I tie buggers and streamers with marabou, thats it. Maybe that's why I'm not a huge streamer fan on the stream. Just can't seem to get it right yet. I also need to work on my dries. I think once I get some better hackle it'll be fine.

Back