Hatch on fishing creek in Benton

J

jluciw

Just got back into fly fishing and was wondering if anyone could help me out on what is hatching on fishing creek near Benton. What is a good choice for this time. Thanks alot!

There's a good Isonychia hatch this time of the year, I use a #12 0r #14 dry and spinner.

Thanks, Do you happen to know a local fly shop around the area where i could find them or materials to tie them?

I have property in Benton on Fishing Creek just downstream from the Benton Dam...feel free to fish it. If you fish at night you should find some Light Cahills size #14. Terrestrials (beetles, hoppers and crickets) are good this time of year. Watch the water temps. If the temps are over 70 degrees I would avoid fishing. Morning and night are the best times to fish. During the middle of the day the fish tend to hide under the banks and debris on Fishing Creek.

Ron

#18 March Browns, #16 Cahills, and #18 Green Drakes in both Catskill and parachute have been slaughtering fish for me.

If you need some ties, send me a message.

Thanks guys for all the help really appreciate it. Any caddis hatches happening now?

The Fly Shop Closed, but I think up the road the store in Red Rock has flies, but I can't say for sure, because I haven't been there in a while.

Where do u guys get your supplies?

Back