Hatch chart for Penns Creek

mkile

mkile

Good morning everyone. I am planning a trip to Penns creek this Spring. I am trying to find an online hatch chart. Does anyone know of a site that has one?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mkile

Theres a hatch chart on this site which is listed on the Pa Fly shops page on the top left of this page:

http://www.thefeatheredhook.com/stream.html

tomgamber,

Thanks for the link. That should help my plan.

My family has a cabin outside Raymond B. Winter state park (half way dam to the locals) and I have grown up fishing small streams around there. I have no idea why it took my 35 years to figure out that Penns creek is close and worth a short drive.

I am a slow learner i guess.

If your spring time visit time is flexible, call Jonas at the Feathered hook and find out when it would be best to show up there. Basically it starts on top the 3rd weekend in April with grannoms. Then there is often a 1 or 2 week post grannom lull. After the 1st week in May, the core hatches start and go on through June until the water gets low/warm.

Thanks for the advice. My visits are pretty flexible. I am in the area about once a month in the spring. This particular trip i am planning is an all fishing weekend. Usually is family related and I only fish when i have time.

We are planning our weekend for early may which sounds like the start of the action.

Thanks again,
mkile

mk-

Stayed at Poe Paddy on Penns for a week the 3rd or 4th week of May last year it was great, there were many people but a good walk will get you to some solitude.

The crazy multiple hatches were happening. Thick clouds of bugs over the riffles.

Moved on just before the holiday weekend and the green drakes.

P-

Mkile

A few of us have places at the Hemlock acres CG in coburn. Let us know when your heading up, maybe we can hookup and do some fishing.

PaulG

Back