Has anyone fished the Tully lately?

I have heard a few times this fall that substantial numbers of the RT stocked were unusually large. As for egg feeding, salmon eggs, for instance, have always been particulary effective on RT.

Thanks Mike, good to know. that gives me more reason to go back.

Try a PT soft hackle, say, 16-18. It slays.

no reports is not odd. its too cold to fish the tully. best fished when its 100 degrees throwing #26 flies on 8x

Dude, Sal that's perfectly fine because the fish are still rising when that's happening, which means they must be perfectly healthy and unstressed.

Hmmm, not really sure how this turned into a debate on whether it's okay to fish the Tully in the heat. I was just looking for a recent report and as far as a know it is now November. But thanks for your input anyway..

We're just messin' around, man. Pay no attention! The Tully is fine to fish now!

Okay cool. Thought I brought up a touchy subject.

Been killing it on micro egg #22 on 12x. Had two 1000 fish days.

Comon man, move up to 11x tippet. You'll still catch 1000 fish. Any disadvantage is offset by the advantage of more fishing time due to landing each in under an hour.

Pat, I get you missed it when I foul hooked a steelhead on 12X and landed it at the #SteelheadJam it was a 2 and a half hour fight. While doing so I saw four people land fish from the Nursery Waters but they were #Pinning from above the bridge.

Can't get a good drift on 11x. LMAO. In all honesty, I rarely fish lighter than 5x and only have egg patterns for steelhead but those will disintegrate before I go chrome fishing again.

Back