Harmans Sun-Tues

Down here now and boy is this place awesome! Landed five this morning all around 17 inches, and had just as many get off the same size. Will post some pics when I get home

Will be there in two weeks hows the water and what are they hitting on. Good luck and get the pix up.

Water was pretty low, but good compared to what it was. I caught mine on various nymphs, san juans, wooly buggers. Saw some sporadic risers but not too much. Trying to figure out how to post pictures on here but it's not working too well. Pics are showing up huge.

Buffalo & Biggie:

I will be in Newport area on October 30 and 31...any interest in trying to hook up and wet a line. Let me know...you can email me at gstebbins@bethanywv.edu.

If you are going to Erie...drop me a line. Heading up there on October 21-23...

Poli, I live in Washington PA...not sure if that is the same washington as you...if you want to share a ride to erie...let me know...Might head up there in a week or so if they get water.
Boss

Purchased my non-resident fishing license for West Virginia tonight since we'll be headed down there in a few weeks. Thought it would be a good idea to skim their regs. They actually have a law specifically prohibiting fishing using explosives! And a point system for violations. Hmmmmmm... guess I'll leave the dynamite at home this trip.

Wait...no dynamite flies...no wonder I was doing so well...just had to gear up the 0X leader on the 10 wt...getting snagged in trees is always interesting.

Boss

Just got back from my first trip to Harman's on Sunday. Was down there Friday night and Saturday night. Reading the reviews on here, I knew I had to make a trip down there. Convinced the wife to go down and booked the cabin about a month ago. Took a little over 3 hours from Washington County. Really nice drive. As soon as we got down into the area, I instantly knew how a lot of you guys fell in love with the place.

Here is the big hole at the entrance to Harman's(sorry a couple of the pics are so big..couldn't get it to shrink down for some reason)

After checking in we headed down to our cabin which was across the bridge, which we saw a bald eagle carrying a trout out of the creek. Water looked a little low to me, but it was up considerably from where it was.

Got settled into our cabin, which was again, first class.

View from the porch.

Got out for a little bit the first evening but didn't have any luck.

The next morning I got up at daylight and hit the creek. Surprisingly I was the only one on the creek for at least the first hour and a half of daylight, or so I thought. While looking downstream I noticed the bald eagle again messing around in the creek.

The size of these trout was really impressive. Ended up catching 13 on Saturday with the average being right around 17 inches. This is an average trout at Harman's. I caught them on san juans, black wooly buggers, various nymphs. I just started fly fishing earlier this year, so this was by far the most action i've had with a fly rod.

Made a trip to Seneca Rocks which was about ten minutes from the property. Pretty wild to see all of the rock climbers hanging from the side EVERYWHERE.

All in all, I would definitely go back to Harman's. The facility was top notch, the scenery was incredible, and everyone I met on the stream was extremely nice. I can't wait to get back down to this area again.

Checked in and bear cabin ready ahead of time wife always brings a cooler and the crock pot. We settled in and night temps low so did not go out the first evening. Tuesday hit the stream outside of cabin 7 and tied on a elk hair caddis #14 a lot took looks then as the weather warmed up around 2pm started getting hits. Caught almost 25 that day average size over 15". Note from wife as I type this it should be mentioned he never moved but once from his hole as I fished down stream with 3 sun fish caught. But hubby was happy.
Wednesday started out around 1 and caught 10 nice rainbow, some small fall fish, and small mouth bass, again used the elk hair caddis, and a bead head crackle back. Had a the fish and game commission wardencome down to stream and check for our fishing liscense cost was $80 for the two of us and we had stopped at Smoke hole Cavern open to 5 on the way in and purchased. Temperature was 57 over cast again wife did not do as well lost a few hits.. off stream by 5ish hit the hot tub and relaxed (wife drank away her fustration) thats why the crock pot works.
Thursday nicest day 68 and sunshine this time we went down stream to cabin 15 there is a designated fishing parking area. I let wife decide where she wants to fish. She heads up to a sweet area with rapids and nice flowing water. husbands makes first cast in still water with elk hair caddis and bodda bing I hear Fish On !*#! a 15 inch rainbow to start the day.. Wife changed out from elk hair caddis and tied on a green wooly bugger no bead head and pulled out a nice 17"
rainbow. Wife stayed with wooly bugger water was deaper in pockets so changed to a bead head wooly green with mylar and got another 15 " rainbow.. Then I saw it and even my husband said .@$%& I hooked into a huge I think a brown i knew I needed help held the rod up high and looked up stream for help from my husband. We are talking 3-4lbs did not give it any line and it took a jump rolled and away with my fly and fish the movement in the water on its roll looked to be about a 24". NOT a fish story but the quote is still the same.
"The Big One Got Away"

had added pictures to last post can someone let me know the steps to show make them appear downloaded 6 pics and then hit submit but no pictures thanks for the help

We (the wife and I) just got back from 5 days at Harman's. We had booked cabin 15 at the end of the road. We had an awesome time and will definitely be going back.

The fishing was tough since the water was low and clear but I managed to land a few of the huge rainbows. They stock some real pigs in the stream so if you're into that sort of thing this is the place!

There is so much more to do in the area. We spent a good amount of time just unwinding at the cabin. The scenery is amazing. We had a pair of Bald Eagles circling just above the stream right in front of our cabin.

We did some hiking right at the cabins and drove up to Dolly Sods. Dolly Sods was amazing although the wife didn't care for the 28 mile drive on rough dirt roads with no guard rails at high elevations. I'll post pics in the next day or two.

Here's a link to some photos from our trip...

http://s1277.beta.photobucket.com/user/steveo724/library/Harmans%20Cabins%202012

Nice pics. I've been thinking about going back since I left.

Back