Hardy Marksman rods.

NCPAtrtbum

NCPAtrtbum

Has anyone here ever toyed around with the Hardy Marksman rods? I've read some nice things about them but, just looking to see if anyone here has had first hand experience with one (the 10 to 11 footers mostly).

It's been a while but when they first came out I did some test casting with the 10' 5wt. Felt very light in hand and had a nice action. Lawn casting though is far from fishing, which I never did get to do with the rod. It was also to rich for my blood but I did like the rod for 15 minutes I spent with it.

I have a 10ft 4wt that I like very much. For a 10ft rod it's very light in the hand and surprisingly balances with a lightweight reel (usually with the longer rods you need an oversized reel to avoid a very tip-heavy feel). It has a good action, though somewhat faster than the original Greys Streamflex. I find that when underlined with a 3wt line it casts great loops too.

Thanks for the response's. I just pulled the trigger on the 11ft 5wt.. yea I got a Cortland brook 10 4wt but.. I've heard such positive things from this Hardy that I needed to buy one, haha.

Back