Hardy Greys warranty / customer service good report

D

denovich

I broke my 10' Hardy Zenith 3wt on its first trip to proper spring creek. It just collapsed rather unexpectedly while casting, no fish or car doors involved. After it happened I wanted to puke. I've never had anything repaired under warranty and didn't have very high hopes.

After dragging my heels for far too long, I finally called Hardy customer service... In a very brief phone call they told me to ship them the broken section along with the adjacent one. There was no discussion of fees or turn around time. The next day off it went via UPS along with a letter of explanation.

Just one week later UPS delivered a large tube that contained the one original section and a new one ready to go. No charge.

I'm a happy customer.

That's what I love about the business supporting this sport. Without exception, every warranty claim I have submitted in the short time I've been fishing (some due to my own negligence, others due to factory defects) has been handled promptly and at little or no cost.

Hardy usually charges around 100.00 for a rod repair... I think? Not a bad deal for you.

I broke a Zenith on day 1 of a 5 day trip to Montana. I wanted to puke. I walked into Bighorn Troutshop and they had the same rod in stock. I called Hardy and explained my situation...asked if there was any way i could swap my broken piece for one the shop had in stock thinking there was no way either would say yes. They asked the shop to give me the section of the rod that was broken and they replaced the section to the shop. It was amazing. They charged me $30. Awesome customer service by the shop and by Hardy.

Back