Happy Thanksgiving

ryanh

ryanh

I love the holidays. I got a full night of smoking steelhead and drinking beer ahead of me.

Every year we have t-giving at my uncle's house who is the chef at Eat'n Park. Yes even crappy resteraunts have a chef somewhere on their organization chart. He assigns us all of these exotic dishes. It has become a tradition that I bring smoked steelhead. Fine by me as it garuntees that I make it to Erie at least once a year.

Gobble gobble dudes!

Thanks everyone! Have a great Turkey Day and good luck to all you guys heading out for first day of dear season!!

Dave

In the Spirit of the Holiday, don't forget to be THANKFULL for what you have! I'm very THANKFULL for a wife (who understands my need to fish) and a very beautiful and healthy daughter!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!

JH

PS,, AND GOD BLESS!!!!!!!

Very well put j, I to am blessed with a wife who will put up with numerous longbows and flyrods. We are both thankful for our amazing daughter, at 2 she's hell on wheels. Hopefully, she'll be hell on water someday. Give me and pop (brookie addict) a partner for catching trees. To all hunting monday,BE SAFE!!!! and good luck. Hope to hit the local water tomorrow a.m. have my eye on some monster bows and browns. If you eat to much just drink it off!!

Eat, drink and be merry!

Happy Thanksgiving to all :cool:

ryanh wrote:
I love the holidays. I got a full night of smoking steelhead and drinking beer ahead of me.

ryanh:

I'm all about drinking beer and smoking food! Please share how to properley smoke a steelhead.

I was in western NY a few weeks ago and thought about bringing one home for the smoker but I was too lazy.

Do you brine your fish before smoking them? Do you use hickory, apple, cherry?

Yep, Happy Thanksgiving all. Please be safe when driving to and fro.

Thanksgiving heading out this morning on the ol' yellow breeches...much to be thankful for. Best wishes to all families gathering today...

S,

Anybody with Jimmy for an avatar is OK with me.

Here is the one that I like;

Filet your fish

Prepare in a bowl
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Kosher Salt
5 cloves garlic (optional I put garlic in everything)

Place a rack in a large baking dish in order to elevate the fish
Place peper towel on rack
Spread even layer of salt sugar mixture on paper towel
place fish atop mixture
Spread layer of salt sugar mixture on top of fish
Cover w/some paper towels
Place something heavy on top
Let sit for 12ish hours

This cures the fish and removes alot of moisture and is why you want the fish elevated in a baking dish. First year I did this I had a gooey mess every where

Smoke over desired wood chips at a low temperature for about 2 hours or until you run out of beer :lol:

Delish!

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend on a Salmon filet. :)

Back