Happy New Year - Let's see your first catch!

Got out yesterday for some small stream sneaking. Got a good fish on a similar sized SEPA crick on 12/31/22. A lot of inches in between but both fun. Also, plenty of chubs and fallfish right in there with the trouts ;)

First fish of 2023
20230104_125240.jpg

Last fish of 2022

20221231_125951.jpg

#chublife

20230104_125855-COLLAGE-COLLAGE.jpg

Closed out the month of Jan with 15 fallfish. A few were in the 12 inch category and had good coloration.

Closed out the month of Jan with 15 fallfish. A few were in the 12 inch category and had good coloration.
Nothing wrong with that!

I caught a whopping 2 browns this month. 2 more than this time last year, though!

I will say I tend to use this time of year to focus on other things. Such as thinking about other places I want to fish...😀

Well that's good you are on the boards so to speak. I gotta bag at least one on my next outing (20 FEB 2023). If I don't catch a trout then my first "trout" of the year will be a steelhead.

Yes, I typically spend this time of year preparing for the upcoming season. I would fish because the weather is quite nice now but work does not permit me to do so. I have prepped all 6 fly boxes for the upcoming season and have organized them the way I want. I have also bought gear that I need for upcoming trips. Now it's a waiting game. I'll probably by more stuff just because...

I don't know how to post photos on here, though I know how to email them. That being said, my first trout of the year was a 22" rainbow. What are the chances of catching what will likely be my largest trout of the year as my first one? Pretty slim, I guess.

The skunk photo: Last week in the middle of the night on a night-voiding trip, my wife's little dog got sprayed by one. Using Dawn, baking soda, and a peroxide mix (my wife knew about it), we got the dog cleaned up in a couple of hours. However, our kitchen area smelled awful for several days, till we got a warm day and could open the house to get rid of the odor.

Anyhow, nice pics from you young lions who know how to do stuff on computers.

@rrt, that is a fine way to start the year. My first "trout" (steelhead) of the year may be 22 inches or longer, we shall see.

Guess I better get a license. Maybe I’ll even go out next week seeing how the temps are 50’s-60’s and ski season is a failure this year.

I don't know how to post photos on here, though I know how to email them. That being said, my first trout of the year was a 22" rainbow. What are the chances of catching what will likely be my largest trout of the year as my first one? Pretty slim, I guess.

The skunk photo: Last week in the middle of the night on a night-voiding trip, my wife's little dog got sprayed by one. Using Dawn, baking soda, and a peroxide mix (my wife knew about it), we got the dog cleaned up in a couple of hours. However, our kitchen area smelled awful for several days, till we got a warm day and could open the house to get rid of the odor.

Anyhow, nice pics from you young lions who know how to do stuff on computers.

Here’s a quick and easy way to post your photo’s here: (Just 5 easy steps. Click step 1, click step 2, click step 3, click step 4, click step 5. ). Voila! …Now, let’s see that 22” fish.

C2C3058E 59BD 458D 94CC 0479731C2DC5
AB9754B9 2A5F 4292 96BF BA34B793D5FA
6EB887D9 7B56 494D 8694 3D97F0FAC700
AFEA0A8B 9D8E 4D04 B8BE 5ED5AB8DE558
E7AF21C7 10E4 4508 B959 CAEBC71E560B

Back