Hanover Bald Eagle Cam Egg Hatch Update

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

The consensus is the eggs will hatch between Good Friday and Easter. How fitting!

http://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/pa-bald-eagle-ir-cam

I don't believe they will be marshmallow peeps.

This morning I watched her call out to her mate that it was time to change places. She flew off and within a minute the male was there to take her place over the eggs

I watched the Hanover eaglets hatch last year until one of them shot a squat on the camera lens. lol Then, after the lens cleared from numerous rains, one of them decided to perch on the cam, tilting it so you couldn't see much at all anymore.

I just noticed there's 2 different cams at the nest site this year, there was just one last year.

I believe the other cam is the infrared night cam.

I watch the eagles last year and have been watching some this year.
We have a pair of Coopers Hawks that have built a nest in a big white pine in our yard. I hear them calling to each other everyday and see them fairly often. Their about 70 feet up so they are hard to see.

Chaz,
We need you to climb up there and put a camera in. :.)

PennypackFlyer wrote:
Chaz,
We need you to climb up there and put a camera in. :.)

I had the same thought. :-D

Sadly, the first eaglet has died. Hoping for better results with the second one, despite the fact that it should have hatched by now.

Been a tough year for our National bird! Our resident pair at our local lake split up and left the nest. 13 birds killed in Maryland. Sad. Still there are many more birds than just a few years ago. I don't mind sharing the waterways with these magnificent birds!

wildtrout2 wrote:
Sadly, the first eaglet has died. Hoping for better results with the second one, despite the fact that it should have hatched by now.

See all those damn flies around the dead eaglet? Surprised that they didn't push the body out of the nest.

Looks like they may have abandon the nest. Second egg is way past due.

Unfortunately, I believe that second egg isn't going to hatch, it's been way too long.

Death is often the nature, of, well, Nature...

Last year's fledglings were an anomaly, in that both survived the rookery phase.

This is a 2017 update.

I enjoy checking in of the eagle nest from time to time. The pair back this year and their first egg was laid a on 2/10.

http://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/bald-eagle-live-cam

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.25.12 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.25.12 AM.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 3
I was lucky enough to have been watching when this year's first egg was dropped. I'm hoping for better results than last year.

Egg number two has been laid. Shame about the Hays nest in Pgh being blown down in that wind storm

The catch of the day looks to be a rainbow, I imagine it came from one of the Codorus. By the time anyone views the nest the trout will be long consumed

Back