Hands Down Best Rod You've Fished?

whichever one happens to be at hand

As of right now my 8'3" mystic m series 3wt has my mind bent in two; it's listed as a medium weight fishes like a medium weight until you load the pole with a little haul, it shoots line like a champ! At first I was kind of Leary of the softness of this rod but slowing town my false casts cured the issue of it being a medium weight. And it's hidden line rocket in the tip for hauling the line just a single is plenty to get uour fly 50' across the water right where you want it. As for now this is my favorite.

And on the budget side of things while waiting on the mystic to arrive I bought a $20 eagle claw black eagle, that's a great little Pole for $20! If you ever need a back up pole or ad waiting on a warranty, this little 5wt 8'6" will definitely keep you fishing with out complaints... Though I have also played around with the yellow eagle claw and would stay as far away as possible from that pole...

Sage RPL+ 2 piece 5 weight. Sweet rod that will throw anything with plenty of backbone.

Eventually I am going to have to build a 4-piece though for convenience. Mudhole's MHX series are great rods too, and about 150 for a kit. Plenty of bang for buck.

beeber,

I have the 2pc, 6 weight model. That was my go to rod on big water for 15 years. It's a nice stick.

my goto rod since 97 has been a fenwick hmx 9ft 6wt.

I have not been able to try the really high end stuff, and may be better off if I don't!! Already have a high end photography habit that sucks me dry.

The fenwick is a fast action which fits my casting style, may not be the best for delicate dry presentations, but I still do OK with dry's.

I got a LLBean Streamlight Ultra 2 9ft 8wt last fall and have been very pleased with it! I plan to do a full review soon

Back