guide service/fly shop sullivan co

O

originaljk

Hello. I will be heading up to sullivan county Pa(not til june) and I am not very familiar with the area or the streams. Does anyone know of any good guides there or fly shops? I have never done the guide thing before but have been told that it is a good thing to do in a new area. thanks

Just about all of the tribs that flow into the loyalsock hold wild trout if they hold water. I am not sure of any guides or actual flyshops, but the forksville General store usually has some fishing stuff.

Just let me know when you're heading up. I'm only twenty minutes from the Loyalsock and spend a lot of time up there.

duckfoot wrote:
Just let me know when you're heading up. I'm only twenty minutes from the Loyalsock and spend a lot of time up there.
That's good to know, actually! My brother in law lives in Dushore-Overton. He's not a fly fisherman and doesn't know anything about the waters there. I may hit you up next time I'm there...

Saw a younger guy in the Jolly Trolley in Eagles Mere with an "Eagles Mere Fly Company" t-shirt. I still can't find where it's at or a website though.

Anyone's welcome to find me and ask questions. I've got all summer!

If I had to guess, since it said "Eagles Mere", that means "rich". Probably their spin on American Apparel.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
duckfoot wrote:
That's good to know, actually! My brother in law lives in Dushore-Overton. He's not a fly fisherman and doesn't know anything about the waters there. I may hit you up next time I'm there...
When you're ready to go up there let me know I can show you around.

Gee, Chaz, you never offer to do that with me :-(

Thanks for the offer duckfoot and chaz, I will be hitting you guys up when I go there in June. I wasn't expecting the personal offers, that was very nice. I have seen on some outdoors sites where people would just answer, get in a car put miles on the car and your boots to find someplace for yourself. I wasn't looking for any spots, never did the guide thing before and figured it would be a good learning experience now that I have a good foundation of fly fishing. Thanks again.

OldLefty wrote:
Gee, Chaz, you never offer to do that with me :-(
I have asked you to go fishing with me, it didn't work out. I'll be going out next week if you are interested.

I'm scheduled to guide early the first week; however, we will try to get together.

Back