Green Inch Worm-looking for a good pattern

All good ideas. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks there's more than one way to do everything. 😉

Daiichi 1770 Swimming Nymph Hook sz12, Wrap hook with caddis green Kiley’s nymph skin, use a tan thread for a small head. I apply a UV resin to the head only, but you could coat the entire fly If you wanted. If I’m in the garage today I’ll grab one and post a pic.

Google search comes up dry. Can you elaborate on his design?

The dye is a little faded in this photo. When Don dyed the honey bug chenille it was a bright green color. The color does fade over time, more so with cotton chenille than with synthetic yarns. But the trout still hit them.

The ones tied with synthetic chenille work well also. But these are better.

Last edited:
I guard my remaining stash of honey bug yarn carefully. Hard to find cotton chenille these days. Besides the honey bug inchworm, a gray honey bug worked well as a scud pattern for me. Still have a few Corkers left too. Haven't really found a way to duplicate them exactly.

Sorry, I spelled his last name wrong, should be Don Douple. Do a search on here. There is a link to tying it.Google search comes up dry. Can you elaborate on his design?

Back