Green Drakes

Does anyone know tips/tricks for GDs in southwest PA? I've seen random daytime GD duns on Meadow Run before and have heard Dunbar has a decent population of them.
I've noticed the GD hatch on my favorite stream here in the laurel highlands for a couple of days now. I tie on my "go to" elk hair caddis fly pattern, and do pretty well.

A lifetime of responsibility has made me greatful to just get out fishing, fly fishing is my favorite. That time spent fishing is exciting relaxing and makes for great memories. It can take quite some time to realize its not only fish we are going for.
Can’t be said much better.

I've noticed the GD hatch on my favorite stream here in the laurel highlands for a couple of days now. I tie on my "go to" elk hair caddis fly pattern, and do pretty well.
I have done the same thing. I catch more on a caddis or sulfur during that hatch than on a Green Drake specific fly.

Has anyone seen Green Drake hatches of "Biblical Proportions" this year?

Just dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria. But no Green Drakes by me.

not “biblical” but just sat through a huge spinner fall. Definitely the thickest fall I have ever seen, fish were going bananas. Didn’t even fish - just watched. I was completely caught off guard by it and was amazed.

Attachments

• 48DAF548-6AAF-4C13-8951-B03B1B23295D.jpeg
    48DAF548-6AAF-4C13-8951-B03B1B23295D.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 25
Back