Green drake hatch

A

alatt

I was fishing about 3 miles below the Stevenson dam on the First Fork of the Sinnemahoning last night expecting to see green drakes but saw nothing was I to late for the hatch.

No, they hatch all night and into the early morning hours.

Sorry, I meant late as in the date.

I've been up there two of the last three weekends and have not seen any. Last year late May they were everywhere. Late b/c of the wet, cool spring?

I was on Kettle Creek Friday and Saturday and didn’t see any... saw an occasional Sulphur... Caught my fish, all small, 10 ish “ and some native browns on a # #14 parachute adams.

I saw a few at my camp on First Fork above Costello last weekend. No fish were paying any attention. No spinnerfall either.

dgshannon2000 wrote:
I saw a few at my camp on First Fork above Costello last weekend. No fish were paying any attention. No spinnerfall either.

Unrelated to the drakes, how far above Costello are you? If headed from Costello along the 1st Fork, we have a camp about 1/4 mile before the road to Prouty.

Just upstream from Big Moore's run.

My uncle camp is boot N Hill above costello a few miles above the concrete bridge.

Costello is a popular place. Our house is right in town.

I like to drive up Cross Fork to Abbott, then over to Costello. How many people can say they've been to Abbott & Costello? :)

How many have been to Abbott and Costello?

I don’t know ... third base!

I caught a 22 inch trout once of a Green Drake comparadun. I couldn't help but cut it up the gut and transect the stomach. Or maybe I suctioned it-- but in either event it had 16 Green drakes in its digestive tract. Seemed to me there were 4 nymphs, 2 partial nymphs and 10 duns. Just sayin'

Please don't just leave us hanging like that Jack.
Were the Green Drakes stocked or wild?

Saw your drone film last year, pretty cool.

Back