Green Drake Emerger

GenCon

GenCon

This is a Green Drake Emerger pattern I found. This is my first attempt. Is anyone familiar with this pattern? It looks interesting. Not sure who tied the original. The pattern called for bunny foot wings.
I did not have any long enough. So I substituded with bleached elk.
I am not not by any means a GD expert. Any thoughts or comments?

GenCon

Attachments

• GD3.JPG
    GD3.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 12
  • GD1.JPG
    GD1.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 4
Looks more like a spinner.

Troutnut.com has some good photos of GDs.

http://www.troutnut.com/hatch/494/Mayfly-Ephemera-guttulata-Green-Drake

JackM wrote:
Looks more like a spinner.

Yes, I know it looks like a spinner. Were I read about it they were using it as an emerger/cripple.

GenCon

On further review, I see the point. It will certainly be something unusual for the fish. It could very well imitate a struggling emerger. Let us know how it produces.

GenCon

That dog will hunt as an emerger. I tie mine almost exactly the same way. Nice tie!

mcwillja wrote:
GenCon

That dog will hunt as an emerger. I tie mine almost exactly the same way. Nice tie!

Thanks, does anyone know who developed this pattern?

GenCon

these are the 2 I use and sell.

Attachments

• DSCF2922.JPG
    DSCF2922.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF2924.JPG
    DSCF2924.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 3
Sandfly, I figured you would chime in. Your flys look good. That is what i would expect them to look like. "That type of style". So the one I tied. have you seen that style before? It is new to me.

GenCon

Looks good to me Mike, do you tie anything in tandem with it?
At any rate, have fun with it this weekend, I am jealous.
Tight lines,
Bob

Thanks Bob, it is a new pattern for me. It was just something I stumbled on. Have no idea wether it's a good pattern or bad. I will give it a try, can't hurt. I will get in touch when we get back from State College. We will do some fishing.

GenCon

That fly would probably work better if it had yellowish wings instead of white ones.

Looking good Mike.

Back