Grannoms?

A

Arrowflinger

Anyone witness any grannom activity on the little J yet? TCO report claiming they have been seen.

I've kinda figured out that's in the best interest of local fly shops to tell you that things are hopping thereabouts. Sadly, I spent too many road miles over the years chasing after some hatch that was supposedly "on" according to the local shop. A lot of that intell is often garnered second hand from customers who stopped in for supplies, often from people who couldn't tell a green drake from a green stonefly.

I remember reading a Pennsylvania hatches manual notation about the "incredible" Coffin fly hatch on a river I lived on at the time. But I don't remember more than a few over the 10 seasons I lived there. Wonderful Sulphur and March Browns, but very few Drakes.

I hope those grannoms are coming off for you but don't be surprised if they're not.

River is practically unfishable right now but I'm heading down there next weekend and was just wondering if I was going to see some grannoms.

Couldn't be further from the truth ^^^^. Awesome day today. Hooked 30+ on dries. Didn't walk more than 200 yards.

If its above 550 I will not wade in that too hairy for me

Back