GPS question

Pat, I just bought a NIB Etrex 20 with the NE 1:24K topo for like $210 shipped. I got a little instruction from another PAFF member and look forward to trying it out this weekend. I can tell you it picked up satellites in my house but not in my office, however this is a converted WH with Ibeam ceiling where my cell service sucks too. PM me if you want the link where I bought it although, I may have added the link earlier in this thread. As I get older I forget what I had for breakfast before lunch gets here!

I was just looking. The hunt gps maps are awesome. 1:24k topo, and includes private land parcel boundaries, tells you the name of the person who owns the property, etc.

No PA yet, though. They've got the west, and strangely, Ohio.

Pat I have used various garmin etrex models, including in ravines, for several years of remote PA fishing with very good reception. Now that I think about it, I made dozens of trips this year, and dont remember a single instance of my etrex 30 not having my location. I run my etrex in GLONASS mode, so a second set of satellites is also used... This may affect battery life, but with the lithium batteries I use its battery life is fine.

Back