Good fly fishing spots on the brandywine

willdeb

willdeb

Can any body tell me some good fly fishing spots on the brandywine

let me know where you are looking and what you are looking to target and I can hook you up with any info you need.

TDB, any word on the smallie fishing in the brandywine so far this year? I haven't gone out for them yet. Last year i didn't have much luck.

Yes, We have banged a few good ones. There seems to be a decent year of smaller fish, but surprisingly that was the same for last year. The cool thing is we usually hit a decent mix of fish down through the stretches that we run trips - we even pick up a couple of decent 14"-15" rainbows on streamers through a couple of stretches, can you say SURVIVOR!. This usually entails the lower end of the PA water and sometimes even into DE.

Tight lines

Thanks! Good to hear. I don't usually fish that far down, mostly lower east branch since its closest to me. I have also caught a few trout around that size, one was a brookie actually. It was clearly a stocked fish but still surprised me after catching nothing but sunnies, fallfish, and a few small bass that day.

Back