Golden Stones...Rate them

Nymph-O-Maniac

Nymph-O-Maniac

2011-06-01183056.jpg

2011-06-01183034.jpg

They look nice, I saw my first Golden Stone of the year yesterday, they will be hatching heavy here into July. The nymphs will be vunerable as they come up to climb up on the rocks to shed. I don't do any weaving anymore, I've done over 30 year ago, but I don't like spending to mutch time on one fly.

Sweet looking stones there!! Any chance of a closer look?

JH

I'll see what i can do. My camera is horrible.

I saw golden stones hatching on Sunday and I killed the fish on golden stone nymphs, but I think the fish were mistaking it for a Green Drake nymph. Who knows?

I posted a pick of the shucks here...
http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/xforum/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19635&forum=2&post_id=273668#forumpost273668

Nice bugs Nympho!

nice woven bodies. I like the bead head the best.

I think the woven bodies are killing your proportions and it looks like a lot of the materials have been clipped bluntly. I don't think the clipping is an issue to the fish but the proportions likely seem a bit off.

jdaddy wrote:
I think the woven bodies are killing your proportions and it looks like a lot of the materials have been clipped bluntly. I don't think the clipping is an issue to the fish but the proportions likely seem a bit off.

It could be the camera angle and my horrible camera. But i see what you mean. Thanks.

Back