Glow minnows for steelhead

Leteras

Leteras

Playing around with some glow in the dark minnows for steelhead and salmon. Tied on a Tiemco #6 scud hook with Flymen Fishing Company 6mm fire living eyes and Letera's glow fiber. What do you guys think? I like the blue for steelhead.

Attachments

• Glow minnow pa fly fish.jpg
    Glow minnow pa fly fish.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 6
Love the giant eyes on the pattern! Will you "charge" the glow fiber before fishing?

Tim

Leteras wrote:
Playing around with some glow in the dark minnows for steelhead and salmon. Tied on a Tiemco #6 scud hook with Flymen Fishing Company 6mm fire living eyes and Letera's glow fiber. What do you guys think? I like the blue for steelhead.

Yeah you just need a bright L.E.D. flashlight or uv light and hold it under the light 5 seconds or so. When your fishing it at night. A lot of times I fish this stuff in the day and it seems to do better than flies tied with just regular white non glow material. Also I love the flymen living eyes. I think they add a touch of realism to any fly you put them on.

This is the material glowing, under a black light and just regular.

Attachments

• Luminous_Dubbing.jpg
    Luminous_Dubbing.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 6
Does your camera pick up UV? ...bc humans can't

Looks great!! Purple over white should be a winner as well.

Thanks for the comments. I plan on doing up purple ones too. The steelhead just need to get here soon. It won't be too long of a wait.

Very cool demo, Aaron; I really like that product. I was just on your site; what's the difference between the luminous and magic dubbings?

TC

Here a few pics of some colors of magic dubbing. On the site I added the magic dubbing section and name I have to upload and add the pics yet so its kind of out of place next the luminous dubbing. They are very similar in texture and flash but the magic dubbing doesn't glow and comes in every color you can think of.

Attachments

• Rainbow dubbing 2.jpg
    Rainbow dubbing 2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Purple people eater magic dubbing.jpg
    Purple people eater magic dubbing.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 3
Added a little more flash and touched these up a bit. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• blue glow minnows 2.jpg
    blue glow minnows 2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 5
Back