Glade Squires Resigned

M

MHanes

http://www.fishandboat.com/AboutUs/Pages/CommissionerEighthDistrict.aspx

Not much fan fair or an explanation on this but according to the fish commission site its happened.

Has anyone heard why or seen an official new release?

Hmmm... Seems like it happened. The logo image on the PFBC website has been updated and lists ROCCO S. ALI as the President.

No press release. Wonder what happened though I am not upset.

Now that's some good news, though I know nothing of the replacement--he could be worse.

That was fast

Rocco S. Ali? Now that sounds like a good name for a professional boxer. Where do they find these guys? I guess a guy with a name like John Smith has no chance to be president of the PAFBC

Looks like an internal promotion:

http://www.fishandboat.com/AboutUs/Pages/CommissionerSecondDistrict.aspx

Commissioner Ali and his wife Karen reside in North Apollo. They have five children, four grandchildren and a Brittany spaniel named Chance.

Anyone who liked Brittanies is alright by me.

But for the record, Brittanies are no longer considered spaniels, and haven't been for years. But sometimes we still include in the description to avoid the confused look we get followed by the question... what's a Brittany. ;-)

Totally though that link was to a press conference or something. But it is very very fitting.

North Apollo huh? Thats right down the road from me. Hopefully this has some positive impact on local waters and other issues.

One less project for me! I was gearing up for another round of EMailing, letter writing and buttonholing my state politicians on behalf of the Saucon. I wonder what inspired GS's resignation? He seemed to be good at getting random publications to write articles on his behalf. You don't suppose the (relatively muted) uproar here on PAflyfish.com was a big factor? I don't cruise other venues, so I don't know if GS was making himself unpopular elsewhere.

From my e-mail:

Commissioner Squires Resigns from Board

HARRISBURG, Pa. (Oct. 27) – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) announced today that President Glade Squires has resigned from the Board of Commissioners.

Mr. Squires submitted his resignation to Gov. Tom Wolf on Oct. 24.

The Downingtown resident was sworn in as the District 8 Commissioner in October 2010, representing Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia and Schuylkill counties.

From my heart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6cnryxwH6A

Maybe the PFBC cares more about wild trout than we thought...

great news!!! hopefully the new guy is nice to real trout and real trout streams.

I'm feeling like we wild trout advocates may have just won a small victory. I dunno the time line, but the push for Co- ops ( Afishanado's " ugly fly" thread) in light of the gill lice (A-kids gill lice thread in "conservation"), but is shows a lack of awareness. Perhaps there were several e-mails concerning his agendas.

I have no objection to hatchery fish, ( I learned how to fish with/because of them) but nowhere should they be wasted in class A IMHO.

Good luck Glade in future endeavors. Hope I never hear of you again.

That's the last thing I expected to hear.
I'd love to know the circumstances.

I just heard a collective sigh of relief from every stream bred trout in PA.

I hope he stepped down for honest reasons. I never researched him outside of this board (formed an opinion). Wish him well and glad he moved on and hopefully the next man helps protect our unique resources and furthers our fisheries.

Back