Getting Frustrated

Good for the first month and a half, after that it might be dried up. Get it while it's good!

What part of the Jordan? By the game preserve?

AS far as Where to place Strike indicators. If you are fishing nymphs on the bottom, place them so that you fly periodocally hits bottom. You will ose a few. If you make 4-5 drofts and don't bump anything they are too low on your line, move them. If you are getting hung up move the the other way a little.

1.5 times depth is a starting point. It depends on how fast the flow is and how heavy the nymph. Sometimes when it is fast i over weight them with two split shot and a shorter leader,it keeps them under better control. I find placing the shot above the fly 6-10 inches works for me. Some anglers like the shot trailing from the tag you leave after tying on the nymph. The theory is you sacrifice the shot not the nymph.

That's good to know. I was getting caught up on rocks, submerged tree limbs, etc. I must say the indicators do work, I just wish I have used them before.
Farley wrote:
AS far as Where to place Strike indicators. If you are fishing nymphs on the bottom, place them so that you fly periodocally hits bottom. You will ose a few. If you make 4-5 drofts and don't bump anything they are too low on your line, move them. If you are getting hung up move the the other way a little.

1.5 times depth is a starting point. It depends on how fast the flow is and how heavy the nymph. Sometimes when it is fast i over weight them with two split shot and a shorter leader,it keeps them under better control. I find placing the shot above the fly 6-10 inches works for me. Some anglers like the shot trailing from the tag you leave after tying on the nymph. The theory is you sacrifice the shot not the nymph.

I saw a few posts with this mentioned already but I will say it again. My biggest mistake when i first started fishing was not having the fly deep enough. If your not getting stuck on the bottom or dredging up muck your probably not deep enough. Drag it deep and keep as little slack as possible.

Back