George Daniel PSU

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
George Daniel has been named as the new lead instructor of the PSU fly-fishing program. George is one of the most knowledgeable FFers I know and is a great teacher. Much luck to him and good luck to the retiring head of the program, Greg Hoover. Greg is probably the most knowledgeable entomologist in the state, if not the nation.

https://news.psu.edu/story/601205/2019/12/09/academics/george-daniel-named-lead-instructor-fly-fishing-program?fbclid=IwAR3f1BQrJl0OsZ3lM9-pqBrA7khp-ICQVZQ_QHC1As5fdpLDHcQ3YjavRlc#.Xe-vUbzXmdw.twitter

Side note: Greg was a great undergraduate summer intern or seasonal with **** Snyder, then Coldwater Unit Leader, and me early in my career. Congrats on his retirement.

My kid took Greg's class and really enjoyed it. Also enjoyed the discount students got on rod outfits upon completing the class.

I, too, wish Daniel good luck as a teacher of the PSU f/f course. One summer when he was working on stream rehab projects for the PFBC, I ran into him. Some of the guys doing some of the stream work razzed him about his competitive fly-fishing, some of it a little over the top. He took it well, esp as he was pretty young then. He was not afraid to get his hands dirty doing the work either.

Anyhow, I think he will do well in his new job, and I wish him well.

I went to. Penn State from 90-95. Dr Hoover led the club. Great times. Best of luck to Daniel.

Good news. The PSU FFing program is special.

Greg Hoover was outstanding and much loved and I have no doubt George Daniel will do a good job carrying on this fine Pennsylvania FFing tradition.

Kudos to both Greg and George.

Took the class with Greg 4 years ago. Great guy and hope I run into him again in the future.

Back