gave this box to a new fly fisherman

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

Had a friend of mine who is getting into fly fishing ask me to tie him a few size 16 nymphs. We had talked quite a bit, and ended up setting up some stream side instruction time on Christmas Eve. In conversation he told me that he only likes to use one fly because he is afraid to lose flies, and such.

GOSH DO I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS. I started when I was 16 so I was cutting grass and such to go buy a few flies. None the less I gave him this box and wrote on the top of the case.

"DON'T BE AFFRAID TO USE TWO FLIES, MERRY CHRISTMAS"

lol

Was happy to take him out and give him some tips. He went out on Christmas Morning and sent me a pic of a bow he had caught and said he learned a lot and things were a lot smoother now.

Attachments

• size 16.jpg
    size 16.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 7
Nice gesture, Mike. Kudos

Man I recognized the quality of those ties and your user name seemed to ring a bell. Took me a few minutes to put the pieces together that I know you from another forum.

Mike great looking ties and I am sure a huge helping hand for the new FFer. I know starting earlier this year and the costs of equipment and flies can quickly get out of hand. Especially when the big box guys around here charge $2-$3 or more for basic nymphs and streamers. So the box of flies I am sure is a great help for him.

I think what was even more important though is that you spent some time mentoring him stream side. That kind of instruction is priceless to the beginner. You are always willing to help another sportsman out, I hope that karma comes back to reward you big time.

Thanks man. I'll get you those nymph head evolution beads and lively legs.. lol

Very nice of you.

GenCon

Back