Gas drilling on 60 Minutes

C

CodorusTUTom

So did anyone else see the piece on 60 Minutes last night about gas drilling? If you missed it you can go to CBS.com, click on Shows, and then 60 Minutes. You gotta see it.

This segment absoltely blew me away. Talk about spin! I can't even begin to comment - I'd be here all day. If this B.S. doesn't leave your head spinning, nothing will.

I did learn a new term though: shaleionaire!

I watched it and that it was very good informative here is the link if you want to watch it

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/?pid=IgZ6whr_gEKi77deXaGHCzqw5lYeNkVI&vs=homepage&play=true

very good show. hopefully it got some folks attention and people will wake up and start asking questions.

A friend and I watched this last night before the steelers game, was a very good segment and yet quite disturbing.. not surprising.

I wanted to watch this last evening but missed it. I did however watch the video segment from the CBS website.

The gas in the water in Dimock that they lit was a pretty powerful piece of the video. Talk about disturbing, makes me sick to think of what the future may hold for our streams and the resources we have.

bikerfish wrote:
very good show. hopefully it got some folks attention and people will wake up and start asking questions.

Unfortunately, they already "woke up" and voted a bunch of energy industry apologists into office.

Let's hope the public regulates where the politicians won't.

It's finally getting some attention from mainstream media and that's good.

This was the last post i made before the TIME WARP and it's gone , but we're back and it's good to be back , I'm glad TU is going to get involved Big Time in the Marcellus issue in PA. It restores some lost faith in the organization for me. I've been a member of various chapters for decades , around 30 years now. Anyone who can afford the $35.00 for a membership should join , NOW is a very important time for them and they need our help in this if we can. Still can't get to the 60 Minutes show , tried both ways , Fredericks link and CBS and it keeps saying unavailable.

I finally got to watch the 60 minutes piece on Marcellus Shale , i thought it was pretty good but slanted in favor of the drillers and frackers , all around it was balanced except it ended with the EPA sending Haliburton a summons. Does that mean the hearing hasn't occured yet? I know the wheels of beauraucracy turn slow but that could end up being a huge negative on this issue. What i mean is ....Yeah we have laws on the books , and taxes in place , and added inspectors to the DEP , but most of the drilling and fracking is over now the companies are just sucking the gas out of the ground. We need to remain vigilant and keep this in the spotlight and fresh in the minds of our elected officials. Thanks for putting that link up Frederick. My daughter had to remove an ad blocker , whatever the **** that is , in order for me to watch it.

I was up in Wellsboro a week after the whole issue at Dimock, actually drove by the farm. Not only did that runoff possibly effect water table but the cattle on that farm were also quarantined for 2 years.

Fines will be levied, apologies and excuses made but in the end pollutants will still be released into the environment. Everytime I'm there fishing on Pine Creek I have to wonder if this will be the last time.

Back