Game Changer

Wondering if you could find a bendable cotter pin. Probably not, but I'm sure it would work.

I've seen this video on a few other sites before and it's a great idea. I wouldn't buy the materials but may play around with it to find my own way of doing it. Yeah I'm cheap.

Would be good for early run steelies in an emerald shiner pattern.

Ryfly buy a Boggs wire bender and bend your own. You cans get wire shafts cheap enuff.

expensive, 2x the amount for a roll of SS welding wire and pliers. life time supply with the wire.

afishinado wrote:
Fredrick wrote:
What did you make the tail out of tweed ?

I hope you are importing bass from VA when you go with Derrick because they are the only ones he knows how to catch :p

Fred,
Hen hackle feather clipped in a reverse V shape and coated with UV goop.

The Big D from Virginny is tying the flies and manning the oars on this trip.....so I wait 'til after we get back to comment.;-)

Sandy,
Just a prototype fly. I used stuff I had laying around the house and tied one up just to see how it works. The SS wire is a great idea.

So tweed did the big D from Virginny deliver ?

Fredrick wrote:
afishinado wrote:
Fredrick wrote:
What did you make the tail out of tweed ?

I hope you are importing bass from VA when you go with Derrick because they are the only ones he knows how to catch :p

Fred,
Hen hackle feather clipped in a reverse V shape and coated with UV goop.

The Big D from Virginny is tying the flies and manning the oars on this trip.....so I wait 'til after we get back to comment.;-)

Sandy,
Just a prototype fly. I used stuff I had laying around the house and tied one up just to see how it works. The SS wire is a great idea.

So tweed did the big D from Virginny deliver ?

He had a tuff time with the PA SMBs. I guess in Virginny, even the fish are dumb.... :oops:

I had two on the fly rod, one early on a senko to test the water. Lots of fish there, but I made two big mistakes-first, my popper was too big and it was a slider not a popper and that seemed to matter; second, I fished the game changer about half the time and didn't get a bump-it doesn't want to get down. Towards the end, I went ahead and tied on my favorite artculated streamer and promptly caught a decent fish. Then a fallfish. Then we were done. Going back again soon. I expect better results. I missed a half dozen, one really nice. I've been in a slump. I think Afish is a cooler.

That, and I was the oarsman. And I'm old and have a kid. And the sun was in my eyes.

SurfCowboyXX wrote:
I had two on the fly rod, one early on a senko to test the water. Lots of fish there, but I made two big mistakes-first, my popper was too big and it was a slider not a popper and that seemed to matter; second, I fished the game changer about half the time and didn't get a bump-it doesn't want to get down. Towards the end, I went ahead and tied on my favorite artculated streamer and promptly caught a decent fish. Then a fallfish. Then we were done. Going back again soon. I expect better results. I missed a half dozen, one really nice. I've been in a slump. I think Afish is a cooler.

That, and I was the oarsman. And I'm old and have a kid. And the sun was in my eyes.

Tweed is on of the best coolers I know . Send me one of those flies so I can check it out and catch some fish on it for ya .

Afish is like an Arctic wind to my fish mojo. Still one of the best to fish with. At least he catches when we go. If I had managed to hook the fat bass that tried to eat my dragonfly (it was too big-couldn't fit in its mouth-he pushed it a foot across the water), I would have been more pleased.

I'm thinking the best way to fish GCs is to use a sinking line. Or at least an intemediate. I'm currently tying up some depth-charge heavy streamers to get down in faster water. I need to get deeper in the stronger currents. I'll be doing some beta testing either on the Delaware or the Juniata at some point this week.

Back