Galloping Ghost

eunanhendron

eunanhendron

This is quite the fly. The feathers for the wing come for the Baikal Teal AKA Bali Duck, as pictured below. There are not many fractions of a feather for the dollar, so this a rather expensive fly. You can see the fly wing feathers on the duck's back.

04%20Bajkalske.jpg

Here is the fly
A Bert Quimby pattern. There are two other patterns using these feathers for the wing, the Bali Duck Streamer and Jesse Woods. Both will be forthcoming in the next few days.

Hope you like it. Hook is size 1 8XL

Eunan

2013-12-19%252022.20.11.jpg

That is a very nice tie Eunan. I like the long sleek profile. And the duck is a looker too. I would kill for some of those dun-ish flank feathers! Is there a feather between the Bali and the jungle ****?

There is no feather between the bali and the JC. The wing comprises 2 bali shoulder feathers, with two JC outside. Thats is.
Pretty simple actually. THough not that easy to tie in as the rachis of the bali feathers are flat vertically as you tie them in, so they always want to roll, very much like barred woodduck feathers in that regard.

THanks for checking in

Eunan

Beautiful- at first I skipped past the duck photo and thought this was a married wing! Please continue to share your outstanding ties..

Very nice. Yea, I'd love to have some of those flank feathers myself.

I always learn something from each of your posts. As always.... thank you.

That is a super sleek baitfish profile. Awsome tie ,, thanks.

Back