G. LOOMIS SYNCHROTECH 8-9-10

C

CrusaderRabbit

Greetings, all.....
I was recently gifted a G.Loomis Synchrotech 8-9-10 reel. The reel was never used, not even spooled. I was impressed with the quality of this reel. Solid construction, nice finish and -surprise, surprise-
made in the USA !! Nothing fancy, just what appears to be a useable heavy freshwater or light/mid saltwater reel. One problem... no instructions, warranty or any paperwork. It seems Loomis is no longer making or contracting out this line of reels. Taken over by Shimano ? I've looked high and low online and can find no schematics, drawings or manuals. The only small task I'd like to accomplish here is switching from left to right hand retrieve with this reel, if possible. Any small tidbit or suggestion would be very much appreciated !

Not sure what area you are in but my suggestion would be to talk it to a local fly shop and ask for assistance.

Bill A

A good suggestion, for sure.
Thank you, sir.
(I'm in S.E. PA)

looks like you posted this on a lot of forums.. lol
send me a pic of the reel inside and inside of spool.
I know more then.

sandfly...
Yeh, I tried StriperSurf.com hoping someone would own one of these reels. Their suggestion was pretty much the same - take it to a tackle shop. If all else fails that might be the best approach. OK, let me get my stuff together and I'll post some pictures a little later. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to help.

sandfly....
Yikes ! Can't post a *&##@! photo.
I'm well within the size limit, correct file extension, tried changing upper/lower case...
After I have selected my file to attach and click on "UPLOAD" the entire page burps and reverts back to "no file selected", although the photo file remains next to the unchecked "REMOVE" box.
I know this post doesn't belong in this forum but I was hoping you could catch something dumb I was doing. My time on the paflyfish web site is minimal and I know you have a whole lot more experience here than I do.

I found a pic online. By looking at it, I believe to change retrieve direction:

The spool looks like it houses a one-way bearing

Remove the three screws holding on the plate

Remove the bearing (you may have to tap on the spool to remove it).

Flip over the bearing and reinsert it into the spool housing

Screw the plate back on

Go fish!

Attachments

• Loomis Synchrotech 8-9-10.jpg
    Loomis Synchrotech 8-9-10.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 23
yep that's it.

afishinado...

Success ! I had a little trouble getting that bearing cup out but that was it. Thank you very much for your help.

sandfly...
Thank you, as well, for your help.

Back