Fuel Spill Lancaster County

T

tobewan77

FYI:
http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/247686

I've caught some wild brookies out of that section of Middle Creek. Hope it doesn't affect the small tribs they come out of.

Yep its a shame. I love Middle Creek, but its not a wild trout stream.

Those fish you caught, that were wild, most likely came from Elders Run. I have landed a few brookies in Middle also but take a stream temp in July. Youll be hard pressed to find a day below 77 degrees. However, Middle Creek is more than that.

Middle Creek flows through beautiful SGL's and is home to many game and fish. Bass and catfish @ the top of the gamefish list.

They dont stock that section like they used too thats for sure.

Its a shame that more of Lancasters LAST wooded areas got attacked this way. Hope everything works out ok.

If there is any "plus" side to a home heating oil spill, it's that the specific gravity of oil is less than that of water. They were able to get up there and place absorbent "booms" on top of the water to skim off the oil. How much slipped past is anyone's guess, but at least the oil isn't miscible with water which could make for an uglier situation. Crude, unrefined oil is the worst. The Exxon Valdez disaster brings that point home.

Back