FS: Fish Pond Summit Sling

sroach

sroach

Have a practically brand new Summit sling pack from Fish Pond USA, all the details here:

https://fishpondusa.com/summit-sling

Bought it brand new and not a fan, going back to my Orvis Sling

$99 brand new, I’ll see it for $80 plus shipping.

2-D574-EBA-08-E9-422-C-B9-DA-60-ECF37-C6-C11.jpg
[/url] [/img]

sroach,

Curious as to what you don't like about this one? I have the Orvis Guide sling and I don't like it all. I tried to be like all the cool kids and start using a sling, but I think I may go back to my vest. I was considering trying the Fishpond, just to see if I could adjust to that one better than the Orvis.

thanks,

Eric

Eric,

I really liked the orris sling and used it for years, the only thing I found wrong with it was not enough space when I started adding more and more fly boxes (Whole different problem...Lol)

For me I think the Fishpond sling is a really nice product and made very well, you can tell a lot of thought went in to it. But for me the design is backwards, where I am expecting to reach and grab stuff, they are on the opposite side. They do an integrated net holder with works very well on their lumbar pack, but on the sling, if you use it the net is in your face when you spin it around.

I like the ring on the orvis sling that for holding the net.

Did you add the neon green fly holder on the front? I'm trying to match this to other photos online of folks using it (to try to imagine the potential awkwardness you describe) but that difference is throwing me. In those photos, I'm seeing that pocket folding out to reveal what is apparently that same green fly folder but on the inside instead. Kinda confused.

Thanks

I have same one. It's good and not awkward at all. That patch can go on inside or outside of case, it's velcro backed. I switched to sling packs 3 years ago and once you get them sorted the way you like. they are really easy to use when you need to re rig and I like it that there is nothing in my way when I have it on my back.

3Slip has it correct @hooker, it comes inside the front pocket, but I moved it to the outside.

Back